Sunday, October 21, 2012

Game on!

Game on! was a documentary on the history of video gaming, and was to say very interesting. I do agree that our society is based a lot on gaming, but more so, the general idea of technology. I personally love to play video games, I especially love the Nintendo and Sony lines, not more so of the Xbox line. I do think everything needs to be interactive in some way to keep our attention, or, we'll just lose interest in it, it is just how we are with thing, if it is not interesting, we move onto the next thing. What I think interactive means to me, is that getting yourself involved with the thing that we are doing, whether that's placing an image of yourself in a game, or naming your character as yourself, or even designing the game, like scribble nuts! I don't really think we lose anything in society with being interactive with everything, I think we gain more, by experiencing more things! Not much things surprised me in this documentary, as I knew a lot of this before hand, but it was quite interesting to watch it. For the least part, video games have become a big part of our lives, and will continue to do so, they'll always stick around and have new video games come out or a new system, its just how our world works!

3 comments:

  1. Games are already part of our society and as anything else in life it has to be controlled so it doesn't turn into a problem. Also, a way of recreation and learning is always good as you said before.
    Nowadays games try to connect people, instead of playing alone now you can meet new people. They may also have your own likes so you talk with them, games doesn't isolate anyone.
    Also its true that people like different kinds of games and pick different consoles. As if they buying a pair of shoes or groceries. It's a matter of likes and dislikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you along the line of the hole interactive part. Also where you said that society had developed around gaming I agree with you about. The only thing I parochially do not agree with you about is your comment about the x box line of gaming yes I understand everyone has their own preference I am not saying your wrong with your choice in gaming systems because honestly I like to play nintendo and sony games along with some x box games. I am just saying that with my personal preferences I do not completely agree with your choices for systems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gaming has always been apart of society. Its just starting to get bigger and bigger now that technology is getting better and better. You can play what ever system you want, its a preference. There is no better one or more cooler one. Either you like the controller of an xbox or the controller of a ps3? Or you like to pay for xbox live? Or get it for free on ps3(; ahaha. Its your choice.

    ReplyDelete