Thursday, October 11, 2012

Graphic Novels

Graphic novels have been around since the Egyptons have been around. I personally think graphic novels than text. Graphic novels actually show the story through images. We can see what is happening in the story, rather than it being described through text. We are also actually able to see what the author wanted us to see, rather, then us using our imaginations. But, I think a disadvantage of this is that we cannot really use our imagination, but just see what the author wants us to see, but we can imagine what the transition is. But either way, I would rather read a graphic novel rather than a text book.

I think learning a little about graphic novels before reading one was somewhat helpful. I've read a lot of graphic novels, mainly mangas before hand, so I do have a fair share of experience with them. It was also quite interesting learning a little more about graphics novels than I knew.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you completely. We've even read some old graphic novels / comics before, also! Novels are very entertaining and exciting to read, and many artists make things even more exciting. Not only exciting though, but horrific and comedic, too! Simplicity and complexity, it depends on the story and the background, also the elements of the pictures. Man things are to be taken into consideration with Graphic Novels and Comics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Samantha you pointed out a great point right here. The face that people cant use there imagination when reading a graphic novel made a lot of sense to me. The reason why is because I never imagine any thing when I am reading a graphic novel I just look at the pictures. I feel the same way about everything you say in your response.

    ReplyDelete